Chairman of the Board of Partners, Attorney at Law
Specializes in corporate law, bankruptcy, litigation, operations with artworks.
For many years Konstantin Krutilnikov manages S&K Vertical, develops strategies for protection of businesses and management of legal risks in complex conflicts and corporate disputes. In 2003—2008, he was the managing partner of the Green Corridor law firm, one of the leaders of the Russian market in protection of property (Mergers and Acquisitions, 2008). In 2009—2010, he worked in the Moscow Region territorial office of the Federal Agency for the Management of State Property, where he headed the commission for bankruptcies of enterprises and supervised the work of the legal department.
Konstantin is the co-author of the textbook “Raidership: Civil Law and Criminal Law Aspects” recommended by the Investigative Committee under the General Prosecutor’s Office of the Russian Federation (2009).
Konstantin Krutilnikov’s projects are included in the international (Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR1000) ratings. For years, Konstantin Krutilnikov is recognized by Pravo.ru-300 and Kommersant as one of the leading Russian lawyers in the “Corporate disputes settlement”, “Arbitration proceedings” category. In 2021, Konstantin Krutilnikov was distinguished by the Best Lawyers international rating in the “Disputes Settlement” category.
Konstantin graduated from the Law School of the St. Petersburg State University in 1998, as well as completed the Executive MBA program of the Business School Skolkovo (2016). Konstantin is the member of the guardianship board of the Joseph Brodsky Museum Foundation.
Konstantin Krutilnikov’s projects are included in the international (Chambers, Legal500, IFLR1000) and Russian (Pravo.ru-300, Kommersant) ratings.
- Complex support for the client in the Russia’s central corporate conflict of the year 2020. S&K Vertical managed to ensure a maximum winning position in courts for more than 20 disputes, which led to settlement of controversies and signing of amicable agreements regarding mineral raw commodities worth USD 157 mln;
- Represented the interests of a large Russian bank (top-15 of Russian banks per amount of net assets) in an insolvency case of the largest infrastructure development contractor in the North-West Region of Russia with the creditors’ register exceeding USD 58 mln. The team got a precedent-setting ruling and achieved imposition of subsidiary liability upon the members of the board of directors of the debtor;
- Represented the interests of a creditor in an insolvency case of a major development contractor in the North-West Region. The client’s claims were satisfied in full;
- Legal support for the client (the only private company in the thermal energy generation sector in Russia) during audit; representing the client during interrogations and other other pre-investigation checks, challenging the technical, economic and construction expert opinions (total value of the project exceeded USD 10 mln);
- Defended a director general of one of the major ship-building companies in Russia in a criminal case (total value of the project exceeded USD 9 mln);
- Protected the interests of the minority shareholder in a supplying company for the nuclear industry in a corporate dispute with a major investment company, the leader of the Russian special situations market. The conflict included more than 100 litigations in 5 district state commercial courts of Russia, several criminal cases, the value of asset is USD 60 million;
- represented the interests of a shareholder of a bank holding in a corporate conflict, which included more than 150 disputes in Russian courts. The legal strategy of defense developed in this case resulted in precedent-setting rulings of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation concerning the rights of beneficiaries, the value of assets is USD 110 million;
- participated in a corporate conflict regarding the title to the largest pulp and paper mills in Siberia and North-West of Russia. The conflict included challenging the re-privatization of factories, ownership rights over shares, parallel registers of shareholders and ‘alternative’ management bodies, the asset’s value exceeded USD 1 billion;
- represented the interests of the largest bank of one of the former USSR countries in its investment projects and collecting debts in Russia and abroad, the project included more than 50 cases, the size of the bank’s claims exceeded USD 1 billion;
- in 2003—2008, as a managing partner of the Green Corridor law firm (the predecessor of S&K Vertical), took part in the development and implementation of anti-raider protection strategies in more than 50 projects throughout Russia; the result of this work was successful protection of the assets worth more than USD 1 bln. and Konstantin Krutilnikov’s recognition as one of the leading advisors in St. Petersburg (The Kommersant, 2008);
- represented the interests of a large Russian bank with foreign participation (top-10) in settling disputes with borrowers in more than 30 projects including arbitration disputes in commercial courts in 25 regions of Russia, the amount of claims exceeds USD 100 million;
- represented the interests of a large footwear manufacturer from China as a creditor in the bankruptcy proceedings on the Russian footwear chain, the amount of the debt is USD 10 million;
- represented the interests of an owner of an oil company in a dispute with a bank (top-3) regarding debt recovery under loan agreements, as well as in bankruptcy proceedings, the amount of claims is around USD 770 million;
- represented the interests of a shareholder in a major corporate conflict regarding the restoration of corporate control and collection of debt for the shares in the context of the register loss. The legal position formed in the case has been accepted by the Presidium of the Supreme Arbitration Court of the Russian Federation and is applied till the present time, the shares' value is USD 15 million;
- represented the interests of one of the leaders of the European market of medical equipment in public-private partnership projects in Russia related to the establishment and operation of a network of medical centers, the investments volume exceeded USD 100 million;
- represented the interests of the owners of art collections (painting, porcelain, etc.) as to the issues related to acquisitions and sales at auctions, cross-border movement, as well as in litigation over the recognition of ownership over the works of art.