Transactions with pieces of art
For more than 20 years, S&K Vertical legally assists on matters related to pieces of art, works with collectors, artists, art dealers, auction houses, museums, galleries, governmental agencies.
The artwork market is one of the most closed markets in the world, a large number of fakes and unscrupulous players dictate the need to treat carefully the legal aspects of preparing the deals and ensuring guarantees for the parties.
The lawyers of S&K Vertical also have expertise in transactions with pieces of digital art, including NFT-Art.
- representation of a Client with respect to the acquisition of a collection of Russian and Soviet porcelain with more than 1,000 items;
- representation of a Client in a legal dispute over the rights to a collection of Russian painting of the late 19th — early 20th century;
- representation of a Client in a dispute with the auction house regarding the provenance of the painting acquired at the auction;
- representation of a gallery on cross-border movement and temporary export of paintings by Russian artists for exhibiting in European countries;
- representation of a second-hand bookseller in the sale of a rare books collection
- representation of a Client regarding the gratuitous transfer of a collection of paintings to the state museum;
- representation of a gallery in the organization of exhibitions, insurance of art works, dealing with collectors and state museums soliciting artworks for the exhibitions;
- representation of a Client with regard to the authentication of an artwork, interaction with leading Russian experts and laboratories, as well as art appraisers;
- representation of a Client with regard to the preparation and execution of the contract for the sale of art works with a contemporary artist.