China & UAE
The economy of the People’s Republic of China has since long ago been rated the world’s second largest economy and Chinese companies enjoy top positions in various international ratings. The business of China implements new technologies extensively and invests billions of dollars in its development. The Celestial Empire has become the largest manufacturing base and the on-line market of Chine is currently the largest in the world.
No wonder that the PRC is seen as a key partner by many economies of the planet. Russia is not an exception to this rule. China is one of the Russia’s largest partners. Russian-Chinese partnership develops steadily within the framework of economic and international cooperation.
Figures and Facts
The growing Russia-China relationships are in need of commercially viable and intelligible legal services. Both sides are interested in having access to such sort of legal services. Both Chinese and Russian businessmen, when applying for legal assistance, want to be sure that, first of all, they will be understood correctly. This is not only about the language barrier, this is about the differences in the mindsets and traditions of business conduct. Therefore, it is crucially important that the lawyers who guide the client to the business environment of the other country fully understand the client and come up exactly with her expectations. For instance, a mere declaration of someone’s ability to provide legal services to Russian clients in China is not an ample response to the market needs. The lawyer must contribute time and effort to learn the cultural aspects, local traditions of business and, which is most important, have good ties with reliable and efficient local associates.
What has been done?
To fill the lacunae we set the task of being equally useful for both, the Chinese businessmen in Russia and for Russian businessmen in China. Being Russian lawyers we are good at knowing and understanding the Russian specifics. Our associates in the PRC are good at knowing and understanding the legislation and business environment in China. In Russia and in the PRC we employ international standards of legal services that are intelligible and satisfying to all.
S&K Vertical has had a representative office in Beijing since 2011.
Understanding the importance of interaction with the expert fraternity and public organizations in the field of Russian-Chinese relationships we take part in the activities of specialized public institutes, promote publication of studies in the law of China in the Russian language, and participate as speakers at various legal and region-dedicated forums.
S&K Vertical’s Russian-Chinese projects include:
- Representing a large timber company in its trade with Chinese partners in 2004 – 2008;
- Representing (since 2003) Jiangsu Hongda Chemical (PRC), the largest producer of chemical materials in its investment projects with Russian and Chinese companies;
- Representing (since 2007) Harbin Boshi Automation Equipment, an associate of the Harbin Robot Engineering Institution, in its investment projects with Russian and Chinese companies;
- Legal support for a large Russian trading holding and its entering into the Chinese market;
- Representing in Russia (since 2011) the largest China’s export-credit and insurance corporation;
- Representing a Hong Kong listed company in an investment dispute (more than USD 50 mln) with the state authorities of a Middle-Eastern country;
- Representing a large shoe producer from China in bankruptcy proceedings against the Russian shoe sale chain (debt amounting to USD 10 mln);
- Advising a number of large construction corporations from China on issues related to the entry into the Russian market and participation in development and infrastructure projects in Russia;
- Legal support for numerous cross-border contracts, both on the side of the Russian contracting parties and Chinese contracting parties.